Our pricing starts at $2000 per month.
We have 2 customers so far, and are in negotiations with a pretty big one (expected monthly revenue $10,000)
Thing is they are really insisting that they need a fixed price monthly fee, because they need to show cost projections to their board.
Since we are cloud based, and pay Amazon per API call (API=Transaction) this is risky for us. I don’t think we have any chance of losing money on this deal, but this still could harm our margin if they suddenly start sending substantially more transactions than they expected.
Would you cave or hold your ground? Do you have any good ideas for a compromise that would give them a fixed cost but safeguard us?