Greetings from Tel Aviv and welcome to another monthly wrap up! It’s been now a full quarter since starting the iAngels deal digest, and over time I’ve learned that a mid-month and end-of-month digest is more meaningful, manageable, and informative than a weekly update. So from now on you can expect an update twice a month.
On the heels of August’s $415m of new capital, September brought $377m of investment, with Security and Safety Technologies (36%), Social Media and Advertising (18%), and Enterprise Solutions (17%) leading the way, alongside $95m in disclosed M&A (total M&A was higher).
September witnessed light acquisition activity, with one company acquired for a disclosed $95m and four companies acquired for undisclosed amounts.
- Crossense, a company helping advertisers and market researchers better understand their audiences, was acquired by Toluna, a survey software firm, for an undisclosed sum.
- Wiser, a pricing strategy and analytics application, was acquired by Quad Analytix, a leading player in competitive intelligence solutions, for an undisclosed sum.
- Imagu Vision Technologies, a provider of software that recognizes objects in digital images and video, was acquired by iCarbonX, a Chinese unicorn focused on big data medical analytics, for an undisclosed sum.
- Blazemeter, a software platform simplifying continuous testing, was acquired by CA Technologies, one of the largest independent software companies in the world, for $95m.
- WatchMe88, a social discovery application for the Apple Watch and iPhone, was acquired by ChampagneSG, a Singaporean dating agency, for an undisclosed sum.
The past two weeks, another $60m was invested in Israeli start-ups.
- OMGWhen, a mobile discovery platform for activities, raised $2m from a syndicate of private investors.
- Curve, a payment method provider that aggregates numerous payment methods into a single plastic card, raised $2.6m from Connect Ventures, Samos Investments, and private investors.
- Quicargo, a mobile and web platform that connects carriers to shippers to maximize use of extra loading space, raised $500,000 from Bootcamp Ventures, Ignite Accelerator, and Money Train IL.
- uChange, an application that enables travelers to find each other and exchange money at low rates, raised $500,000 from private investors.
- Pixoneye, an adtech company profiling consumers based on their photo and video libraries , raised $3.1m from Telefonica Ventures, Seedrs, and HBS Angels of London.
- Karamba Security, a software company focused on securing automtive controllers and IoT devices, raised $2.5m from Fontinalis Partners, GlenRock, and YL Ventures.
- NewSight Imaging, a company developing a camera chip for medical devices, raised $500,000 from EnnoVenture and private investors.
Series A Rounds
- Codefresh, an end-to-end contain lifecycle management platform, raised $7m from Carmel, Hillsven, and Streamlined Ventures.
- Folloze, a prospect engagement platform for marketers, raised $7.3m from NEA, Cervin Ventures, and private investors.
- SecBI, an advanced threat detection system for enterprises, raised $5m from Amichai Shulman, JVP, and Connecticut Innovations.
- Aqua Security, a provider of container security solutions to the enterprise, raised $9m from Microsoft Ventures, Shlomo Kramer, and other private investors.
- Reporty, a video application that enables citizens to report crime to the authorities, raised $5.15m from Ehud Barak, Pinchas Buchris, and private investors
Series B Rounds
- Anodot, an advanced anomaly detection and prediction platform, raised $8m from Aleph, Disruptive Fund, and Greylock Israel.
- Mobilize, a platform helping organizations manage social causes, raised $6.5m from Hillsven, Trinity Ventures, Upwest Labs, and private investors.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest.
If you’d like to receive our bimonthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below. P.S. Don’t forget to check out our latest podcast featuring Richard Swart, Prosper’s Ron Suber, and iAngels’ Shelly Hod Moyal.
thanks you RSS link