Greetings from Tel Aviv and welcome to another monthly wrap up and Happy Halloween! October was a special month in Israel, as we celebrated Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, and Simchat Torah. With such a preponderance of holidays one might think that deal volume might suffer due to the stop and start nature of each week… and one would be correct!
This month there were only 8 venture investments announced for $234m, alongside $75m in disclosed M&A. Time to dig a bit deeper!
October saw relatively slow acquisition activity, highlighted by Proofpoint’s $55m acquisition of FireLayers.
- Corrigon, a digital content tracking and analysis engine, was acquired by eBay, for $20m.
- Kampyle, a customer feedback management platform, was acquired by Medallia, a SaaS customer experience management software vendor backed by Sequoia, for an undisclosed sum.
- FortyCloud, a cloud infrastructure security solution, was acquired by FireMon, a leader in network security policy management, for an undisclosed sum. .
- FireLayers, a security platform enabling the responsible adoption of cloud applications, was acquired by Proofpoint, one of the largest independent software companies in the world, for $55m.
October also saw light investment activity, highlighted by Payoneer’s $180m Series E.
- NewsTab, a cloud services provider to small businesses that also aggregates news for consumers, raised $1.5m from Paul Maritz (previous CEO of VMWare) and Eyal Levy (previous CEO of Pelephone).
Series A Rounds
- SimpleOrder, a SaaS platform bridging the gap between supply chain buyers and sellers in the food and beverage industry, raised $2.75m from Lazarus, Foodlab Capital, and Cyrus Angel Fund.
- Chorus.ai, a data analytics platform using AI and NLP to help increase sales performance, raised $6.3m from Emergence Capital.
Series B Rounds
- Oryx Vision, a company building a depth-sensor system for the connected card, raised $17m from Bessemer, with participation from Maniv Mobility, and Trucks Venture Capital.
- PointGrab. a company converting visual signals from light installations into actionable, cost-saving analytics, raised $7m from Mitsubishi, Philips Lighting, EcoMachines Ventures, and ABB Technology Ventures.
- Gauzy, a developer and manufacturer of liquid crystal glass-based applications , raised $7m from Lazarus, Olive Tree, and Waarde Capital.
- Wochit, a social video creation platform, raised $13m from Seven Ventures, ProSieben, SPH Media Fund, and existing investors Redpoint, Marker LLC, Cedar Ventures.
- Payoneer, a cross-border payment solution for manufacturers and service providers, raised $180m from private equity funds Susquehanna and TCV.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest.
If you’d like to receive our bimonthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below. P.S. Don’t forget to check out our latest podcast featuring Richard Swart, Prosper’s Ron Suber, and iAngels’ Shelly Hod Moyal.
thanks you RSS link